- Haste % and Crit % bonuses have been streamlined -- no more spell/melee/ranged, it's a universal Haste and Crit % bonus for all.
- Druids, rejoice -- Ravage no longer requires you to be behind the target.
- Many glyphs have been removed, and a lot of new glyphs have been added, with some glyphs now being exclusive to a specialization.
- Movement speed enchants now increase Movement Speed by 10% -- up from 8%.
- Hunters, there has been a comprehensive sweep over pet abilities -- it's a major list!
- Paladins, there have been some major tweaks to both Holy and Protection specs.
Recent WoW News
WoW Insider4 hours 56 min agoA new round of updates have been released for the alpha client of Warlords of Draenor. Included in the patch notes are new sections covering changes and adjustments with Itemization, Movement Speed, Raid Utility Balance, Reforging, and Combat Resurrection. There have also been updates to existing sections as well - many class sections have received a lot of updates and adjustments, as expected for such an early build.For the full list of updates, check out the official Battle.net site for all the details. New updates are denoted in red for easy reading.
WoW Insider6 hours 56 min ago
Apparently we weren't the only ones waiting for Hearthstone to come out on the iPad. According to Business Insider, Hearthstone is the number one app in 34 countries, and the number one game in 36. This includes the United States.
Magic: The Gathering and other CCGs also have a large support base on the platform, so it isn't really surprising that Hearthstone would be popular amongst users of the tablet. What is surprising is that it rocketed up the charts so quickly. It is estimated that the game could pull in $30 million in the first year from in-app card sales, which would make this foray into the tablet space quite worthwhile for Blizzard.
Filed under: Hearthstone Insider
WoW Insider8 hours 56 min agoIf you guys have noticed, we like to feature the various throwback thursdays that developers have posted to twitter. Today we have another doozy from Cory Stockton. Previously he's shared really awesome looks back at places like Dalaran, today he gives us this look at Shadowmoon Valley in its conceptual stage. Looking it over you can see that things are still in the 'generic name' version, for instance 'Dwarf' and 'Broken Draenei Village' instead of names yet, but most of what we recognize as the Shadowmoon Valley of The Burning Crusade is on there. Considering we're going to be getting a look at an entirely new SMV as an Alliance starting zone, I find this look back very interesting.
WoW Insider10 hours 56 min ago
Blizzard has announced an EU Battle.net gift card program. These gift cards, which come in the amount of €20, are available throughout many popular retailers around Europe. Upon using the gift card, the user's Battle.net balance goes up and they can purchase what they want.
This isn't a bad thing, especially for things Christmas gifts (/cough mom, if you ever read this). Individual items are still giftable via Battle.net as well, that has not gone away.
Again, this is for the EU only. The US version, we have to assume, is coming soon[TM].
Filed under: News items
WoW Insider12 hours 56 min ago
Welcome back to The Queue, the daily Q&A column in which the WoW Insider team answers your questions about the World of Warcraft. Matthew Rossi will be your host today.
Look, blame Scott Leyes. All I know is, with Azeroth Choppers debuting yesterday, I couldn't in good conscience not feature this today. Samwise Didier absolutely is so fluffy, we just have to accept it. He is the fluffiest. His beard is a thing of wonder.
Okay, let's get started on the over 800 comments in yesterday's Queue. That sound? The one that sounds like me sobbing? That's me sobbing.
Kameron Hoffs asks:
What changes are needed for Warriors in WoD?
I'm not quite arrogant enough to think I am in possession of all the answers in terms of warrior design for Warlords. I know what I would like to see, but I'm hardly unbiased - I identify with warriors to closely to even pretend that I'm not invested in the outcome here. That said, there are a few things I think we haven't heard much about yet, and which I think need to be absolutely there in the future.
- Headlong Rush needs to actually work and make warriors like haste at least a little bit. Especially when it comes to protection, a spec that currently gets absolutely nothing from haste.
- If not Titan's Grip for protection (letting us use 2h weapons and shields) then it's long past time for Blizzard to design 1h spears. Yes, this isn't just a warrior deal, but it's important.
- Warriors have lost a lot of flavor. We're losing two of our three banners (the only really unique thing we got in Mists of Pandaria) and a host of other abilities. I get that we needed to lose them for ability purge sake, but we're losing things like Sunder Armor, Cleave, Berserker Stance and in general we're suffering from a lack of coolness factor. It's time for something iconic and viscerally awesome to be added to the warrior toolbox.
- We need to hear some details about how rage is going to work. I can't really speculate more on this one until we hear some details, but we just lost any way to get rage from damage taken, a way to generate rage on demand, and a way to get enraged on demand. Are we just expected to Charge and use our rage generation attacks and that's it for rage? Is haste expected to fill the gap? It's time for this design to be explained to us.
WoW Insider14 hours 56 min agoArugadh of The Brotherhood of Iron on Wyrmrest Accord (US-A). "I mean, even as the barge was getting attacked by pirates, this goblin put on a show of cowering in the corner as the flames raged outside. But he still had a nice, hot, comfortable bath drawn, complete with pillows and herbal soaps."
Want to see your own screenshot here? Send it to [email protected]. We strongly prefer full-sized pictures with no UI or names showing. Include "Azeroth" in the subject line to ensure your submission dodges email spam filters; if you'd like to be credited, also include your name, guild and realm.
Filed under: Around Azeroth
WoW Insider15 hours 56 min agoSo I've been asked a few times lately what I would reroll to, if I was going to reroll. For me, the problem is simple. I like the following aspects of the game a lot:
- Two handed weapons
- Plate armor
- Not healing
Heck, who am I kidding, that's a plus for me.
It's not likely to happen, but it got me wondering - if your favorite class became unplayable to you, what would you switch to? What's your best possible reroll?
WoW Insider1 day 4 hours ago
If you're looking to get your Hearthstone game on, why not at a Fireside Gathering? Blizzard is planning the first of these Hearthstone meetups on April 26th, and invites you to attend or host your own local gathering. Anyone can host a Fireside Gathering in a public space with internet access, though you're on your own for finding a suitable venue. If you're interested in attending, but not organizing, just head over to the Fireside Gathering page and scroll to the bottom for a list of upcoming gatherings.
Though the video makes these gatherings look friendly, we have to worry about the danger of all-out brawls erupting when the first mage breaks out a pyroblast. Attendees will get a unique Hearthstone card back for their trouble -- just be prepared to dodge if things get out of hand.
Filed under: Hearthstone Insider
WoW Insider1 day 5 hours agoAs a new alpha build hit servers last night, the datamining began again. Wowhead has already turned up a plethora of new models, weapons and more, and has now turned to one of the most hotly anticipated features of Warlords of Draenor, Garrisons.
They've put together a detailed list of 70 buildings, along with what exactly all of them do, and what size plot they go on. There's a lot of interesting information one can glean from this data, such as how follower gearing might work and what mission rewards might be, as well as how you get various vendors into your Garrison. Of course, this is datamining, so shouldn't be taken as 100% fact, but it's still really interesting stuff.
There's also information showing off small images of the Garrison buildings, and a map. It seems like these may be UI elements that allow you to design your Garrison and set up its layout, but of course, this is just inference from the data that's presented. There is, however, even more information on each building type, that ties in with the aforementioned list. We're slowly getting an idea of what the Garrison progression might look like.
Filed under: Warlords of Draenor
WoW Insider1 day 6 hours agoSo if you're wondering when War Crimes (the upcoming Christie Golden novel about post-Siege of Orgrimmar Garrosh Hellscream and his trial) will be released, we have the details straight from author Christie Golden's Twitter account.
To those who are asking: Release date of WoW: War Crimes is May 6, 2014 or it will be on sale at StarFest in Denver 10-12 Sat. May 3!- Christie Golden (@ChristieGolden) April 17, 2014